Student Nurse Scholarships
Aliene Ewell Scholarship ·
Aliene Carrington Ewell Scholarship
The Aliene Carrington Ewell Scholarship, honoring the founder, was established to assist nursing students to pursue studies for a nursing career. To this end, scholarships are awarded to nursing students who demonstrate financial need, high scholastic ability, and intent in nursing, and leadership potential.
CRITERIA: Applicant must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited school of nursing and pursuing a diploma, associate degree, or bachelor degree.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) acceptable to the school on application, and must maintain an acceptable GPA to keep the scholarship.
- Demonstrate interest in nursing, financial need, scholastic achievement, and leadership potential.
- Any chapter of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc., may submit one applicant providing the chapter has currently participated in the National Futurama Project.
- Applications may be accepted from all levels of nursing education (i.e., diploma, associate or bachelor degree); primary consideration will be given to students are beginning their initial nursing education.
- All applicants are considered equally without regard to gender, race, creed, color or national origin.
- The official scholarship application form must be used to be considered.
- The National Scholarship Committee reviews, selects, and recommends the monetary amount for scholarships.
- Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants with the greatest demonstrated need, highest scholastic ability, and leadership potential.
- Scholarships are awarded annually; even years at regional meetings, and odd years at Boule.
- Scholarship award recipients need not be present when the awards are announced.
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the college/university as recommended. Should the student withdraw from school, any unused amount shall be returned to the sorority’s scholarship fund.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship may reapply in subsequent years.
- The local scholarship chairman is required to send quarterly/semester reports to the National Scholarship Committee Chairman.
- Scholarship Committee Chairman makes an annual report to the Board of Directors and Boule.
- An official scholarship application must be obtained from the local chapter, completed by the applicant, and returned to the local chapter.
- The approved original application plus five duplicate copies and the following must be sent to the National Scholarship Chairman by the designated deadline of February 1st of each year.
- A letter of reference from a teacher or administrator of the college/university.
- A letter of reference from the sponsoring chapter, which should include a description of the student’s nursing interest, potential for leadership.
- An official statement of tuition and fees from the school in which the applicant is enrolled.